Hidden door (to another room) within kitchen cabinets

(10 Posts)
Trickytricky Tue 23-Feb-16 13:50:38

Hoping someone can help me... I looked round a house in the summer which had a modern look kitchen and in the run of cupboards there was a fake door to the utility room. The door looked just like a full length cupboard so unless you knew it was there you wouldn't know it was a door! I have been googling for ages trying to work out which kitchen companies do these 'fake' doors. Any ideas?? Thanks!

NattyTile Tue 23-Feb-16 13:53:48

No but that's very very cool and I want one!

Trickytricky Tue 23-Feb-16 14:13:03

I could be a real geek and get in touch with the estate agent and ask if they know where the kitchen is from?!

VertigoNun Tue 23-Feb-16 14:16:24

You could have two standard tall unit doors meeting to make a walk through.

dynevoran Tue 23-Feb-16 14:46:55

I have a pantry in my kitchen next to a run of tall larder cupboards and we used an end panel to make the door.

OnePlanOnHouzz Tue 23-Feb-16 15:06:04

Most company's could do this for you - I've designed it into loads of properties over the years - You just need to fix plinth to the opening part or incorporate it into a step up into the other room .
Usually a pair of 400mm tall doors are sufficient for your hidden door !

TinklyLittleLaugh Tue 23-Feb-16 15:08:36

Bit disappointing that the secret room was just a utility though.

absolutelynotfabulous Tue 23-Feb-16 15:11:58

Yes, tinkly I was expecting a bit of a Narnia thing!

Cool, though.

ImperialBlether Tue 23-Feb-16 15:12:36

My friend's house has built in wardrobes and one of the doors opens into an en suite.

TreadSoftlyOnMyDreams Tue 23-Feb-16 15:48:59

It's really common for "secret" ensuites. I think any decent kitchen fitter could do this for you? You'll need two doors though won't you if you are going to get appliances through?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now