Advice on moving to Rutland

(1 Post)
bertiebb1 Mon 22-Feb-16 14:53:29

Me and my hubby are looking at moving to Rutland from south Leicestershire, and although we've done a fair bit of driving round looking at villages etc we don't know the area at all really so I wondered if anyone could give me some advice on if there are any villages to avoid or any to specifically look at?

Our budget isn't huge (less than £300k) and we are trying to get a modern 4 bed detached in a village that has a pub or two and maybe a shop. Also don't want to be more than a 20 min drive from a town like Oakham or Stamford etc. Yep asking the earth for that price I know! No kids yet but one on the way, due in June, so schools for the future is also a consideration...

We've seen a couple of houses in Whissendine that might be interesting. Any views on the village, almost seems a bit cheap compared to the other villages for some reason? We've looked at places like Braunston, Exton, South Luffenham and they look lovely but are out of our price range I think :-(

Any advice would be great

Thanks

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now