Bi fold door help please!

(5 Posts)
Juls1980 Fri 19-Feb-16 09:45:01

Just moved into a new house. Have builders starting in 2 weeks and need to source some bi fold doors. Need to keep the price down as much as possible, and want to find some decent ones. Can I get some recommendations? Thank you :-)

suzyrut Fri 19-Feb-16 11:01:37

Hi not sure this is going to answer your question but we recently used a company called UK Bifolds. Prices seem very standard to me and there wasn't much of a difference between the 3 quotes I had. What swung it for me was that they offered to come and service them once a year for 10 years and a guarantee on all the moving parts rather than just the glazing. They were also very nice and prompt on the phone and did everything they could to accommodate when we needed them.

Sorry I can't help more than that.

Chapsie Fri 19-Feb-16 22:24:28

I got my measurements and then trawled through loads of companies getting quotes. Saw most of the brands I was interested in at housebuilding show. Then negotiated 25% off most of the initial quotes. Want with solarlux not the cheapest but matched my needs best.
Cost was higher with more narrower panels than fewer wider panels which surprised me at first. I think due to cost of the aluminium being higher than the glass?

Juls1980 Sat 20-Feb-16 23:51:10

Thank you guys

Kieron79 Sun 21-Feb-16 08:42:22

We used a company called BM bifolds, they manufacture in the uk and ship to all of uk, we are happy with ours and they were cheapest by a country mile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now