Anyone bought carpet online?

(6 Posts)
Hogwashhh Thu 11-Feb-16 07:05:31

Carpet is so expensive these days I'm considering buying it online instead, has anyone else got experience of this? Was it ok & how did you go about finding a reliable fitter?

Alwayscheerful Thu 11-Feb-16 07:52:17

I used "The Big Red Carpet Company" and a private fitter. I saved approx £150 per bedroom, I ordered one room at a time as we decorated. I can recommend Cormar brand of carpets, they supply John Lewis and Carpet Right with their house twist. The whole process was very efficient, I think they trade under big red for their internet business and trade as using a family business name for their high street trade.

movingonup2015 Thu 11-Feb-16 09:30:57

yep bought all my carpets online - some from ebay some from flooring superstore I think it was but saved myself a fortune and the carpets are really good quality.

Upthenoonoo Thu 11-Feb-16 17:15:46

I've bought all the carpets in my current house and my previous house from a company on eBay. My carpet fitter couldn't beat the price himself. I've never had any problems.

foragogogo Thu 11-Feb-16 17:20:11

Oooh me too which eBay supplier?

spinkarez Fri 12-Feb-16 12:17:30

Would also like advice of buying online. Our previous carpet was laid down 10 years ago and needs replacing (stairs and all downstairs). We went for a fairly cheap one last time but would like to replace with a better but not too expensive one maybe £15-18 maximum. More inclined to go for polypropylene rather than wool and also advice regarding what type of underlay to look for.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now