Safest boiling water tap?

(9 Posts)
abc12345 Wed 10-Feb-16 19:05:25

Hello, I am looking for a 100C boiling water tap but I have 3 small children and I'm anxious to get one with a very good safety feature. Can anyone help?

Pico2 Wed 10-Feb-16 20:20:04

When we saw one in a showroom, it was so aerated that it didn't burn if you stick your hand underneath.

abc12345 Thu 11-Feb-16 12:49:59

Do you know which one it was? Does anyone have a zen true boiling tap?

alaska721 Thu 11-Feb-16 13:49:10

I've got the GROHE Red Duo Kitchen Tap and Single-Boiler. There is a child-lock feature that prevents accidental opening of the tap. I myself find it quite tricky sometimes to turn on the tap (but for me that's a good thing!). I believe the water is around 99c by the time it comes out of the tap rather than 100c.

I paid just over £1000 for mine but I can see that on Amazon the same model is now available for £589.

pootlebug Thu 11-Feb-16 16:42:21

We have a qooker. You turn it on like a medicine bottle - push in to twist. My nearly 8 year old could physically do it but is old enough to know not to. My 3 year old wouldn't be strong enough.

sleepwhenidie Thu 11-Feb-16 16:50:18

We have the Franke 3 in 1 and it has a button that has to be held down in order to turn the boiling water on, definitely too difficult for under 7's. In practice my DC"s never use the taps in the kitchen unless they are tall enough to get themselves a drink of water (again, at least 7) or under supervision, with a step. Handwashing would be in the downstairs loo...

Also, in the very unlikely event that a child could turn the tap on with one hand, whilst holding the other actually under the tap, they would let go/move PDQ! So it would only be a quick splash - whilst obviously unpleasant, any harm would be minimal compared to say, a kettle or even a mug of hot tea/coffee tipping over them.

HocusUcas Thu 11-Feb-16 18:05:23

Quoocker here - needs some strength to turn it on and also has the aerated thing. Ds was about 5 or 6 when we had our first - never been a problem.

AesopsMables Thu 11-Feb-16 19:48:27

sleepwhen We have just ordered the Franke 3 in 1 for our new kitchen. Are you pleased with it? We are going for the stainless steel which seems quite a bit more pricey than the chrome??

Could you tell me how much space the tank takes up below the sink?

sleepwhenidie Thu 11-Feb-16 19:54:05

Yes it's been great and v little space needed - it's also elevated so cupboard space isn't reduced anyway, you can put bottles around it iyswim smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now