Worcester boiler not working, green light keeps flashing, please help

(8 Posts)
deeboyfield Mon 08-Feb-16 21:07:56

We have a Worcester boiler and it's not working, the blue light is on, bit the green flame shaped light keeps clicking off

lalalonglegs Mon 08-Feb-16 21:09:50

It probably depends on the model but, if you haven't got the manual, download the correct one for your boiler and go to the troubleshooting page.

RoganJosh Mon 08-Feb-16 21:15:17

It's often really easy to repressurise a boiler. I'd check the pressure first in case it's that. It should be on the lower sir of normal when the boiler isnt working.

deeboyfield Mon 08-Feb-16 21:41:49

Thanks , but how do I check the pressure?

PigletJohn Mon 08-Feb-16 22:13:15

Most modern boilers (not all) are pressurised and there is a gauge on the front, often behind a flap.

Even a tiny leak will allow the pressure to drop. It is quite normal to top them up about once a year.

If the pressure goes up a lot when hot, and down a lot when cold, the pressure vessel that tries to regulate the pressure has a problem.

Some brand-new boilers by good makers are not pressurised, opinions vary over whether that means they are old-fashioned, or they just have less to go wrong.

Nodowntime Mon 08-Feb-16 22:49:34

For any boiler problems, first always try resetting. You need to find your re-set button/switch.

Spanglecrab Tue 09-Feb-16 18:15:19

You haven't specified the model but I'll assume it's a greenstar due to the mention of the blue light.

The fact that no other lights are flashing leads me to think that it's due to low pressure.

Most greenstar a have a flap and most of these are lowered by pushing at the join of the flap two thirds of the way from the top.

On the right hand side there is a gauge. 0 to 0.5 is coloured red 0.5 to 2.5 is green above 2.5 is red.

The gauge needs to be between 1 and 1.5.

Most greenstars have a key to refill the system.

This man will explain

m.youtube.com/watch?v=zUsBw1ZpiKY

CointreauVersial Tue 09-Feb-16 18:20:43

Useful info!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now