Moving to Long Crendon

(5 Posts)
anlon17 Sun 07-Feb-16 01:35:00

We are looking to move out of London and recently checked out some properties in Long Crendon. With a baby on the way and obviously this being a small village we have been wondering how it is to live and become a part of the local community. We are both not from the UK. And we work in London. So would need to commute daily. Would anyone be willing to share some views on social life and activities in Long Crendon. In terms of safety are there any dodgy areas to avoid? Considering it would be a tiny tight knit community are people welcoming towards other nationalities?

Grelton Sun 07-Feb-16 09:07:50

I don't live there but: a very naice place, lots and lots of retired people. Very popular primary, access to outstanding comp and grammars. I think the people of LC would be very happy to welcome anyone who actually wanted to be part of village life. And I would disagree, it is not a small village, so it is possible to fly under the radar if that is what you want. As for 'dodgy areas' - well, unless you are the Queen I suspect you'll be OK grin.

Redhound Sun 07-Feb-16 20:40:58

I used to live near there and agree its a lovely area. Never heard of any dodgy bits. Nearby Thame is also a lovely town. Chilterns nearby, Haddenham railway station -can't go wrong really.

anlon17 Mon 08-Feb-16 12:51:42

Thank you for your replies. It indeed is a beautiful village. I guess there is a slight leap of faith involved in making a move from city life to village one ☺
Any idea on how good/bad the Internet connectivity is.

SnowBallsAreHere Wed 10-Feb-16 17:44:46

The village has super fast fibre.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now