Tiny guest WC - need a tiny vanity sink unit and can't find one small enough!

(18 Posts)
gabbybaby Mon 01-Feb-16 08:21:31

We bought a lovely Utopia unit (http://www.utopiagroup.com/bathrooms/bathroom-ranges/halo-modular-furniture/halo-modular-range/units/occasional-unit-with-solid-surface-worktop.html), which we measured with the builder in advance, but once it was in it turns out we'll be knocking knees to the unit when we sit on the toilet. So we need to find something smaller. We need a unit that is max 400mm wide by max 220-250mm depth. It's proving difficult to find! Has anyone bought a really tiny sink vanity unit that still looks good and is stylish?

SmallGreenBouncyBall Mon 01-Feb-16 08:24:27

ask a local handyperson/carpenter to build one? they might be able to adapt the one you have got.

Roystonv Mon 01-Feb-16 08:27:45

Sorry, I read that as needing a sink unit for tiny guests and thought how thoughtful you were being

lalalonglegs Mon 01-Feb-16 08:29:00

I got this basin for our tiny guest loo and you can get a vanity with it (although it is so little, I'm not sure how much use it would be).

wowfudge Mon 01-Feb-16 09:13:16

I would forget about a vanity unit and just have a wall hung basin with chrome pipework below.

namechangedtoday15 Mon 01-Feb-16 09:23:35

We're about to order this one. Apart from it being slimline, I also wanted one with a side mounted tap so that you could actually get your hands / face over the sink if necessary without the tap being in the way. This is the only one I could find. Obviously don't know what its like in real life but fits the bill.

sink

MissBattleaxe Mon 01-Feb-16 09:28:11

Ooh I love your cute sink lalalonglegs!

OTheHugeManatee Mon 01-Feb-16 09:32:07

This one's about 5cm over your specified width but might do at a pinch?

tiny sink

OTheHugeManatee Mon 01-Feb-16 09:33:05

Oh - sorry, misread - you want a vanity, not just a sink. As you were smile

PigletJohn Mon 01-Feb-16 09:57:53

Why must it be a vanity?

PigletJohn Mon 01-Feb-16 10:02:01

(Vanitory)

Quodlibet Mon 01-Feb-16 10:05:53

Yeah forget about the vanity - just do small sink with chromed pipe work, and hang a small cupboard above the toilet for bits and bobs if you really need storage. Floor space is the issue, so think laterally and put your storage somewhere it doesn't eat floor space.

gabbybaby Mon 01-Feb-16 10:25:00

Thanks for the suggestions. Nowhere else for storage. There is a window above the toilet so can't put anything there. I wanted just a small wall hung vanity to put in just a toilet cleaner. The toilet is wall hung too, so we're keeping the floor clear as much as possible.

Karcheer Mon 01-Feb-16 11:04:22

What about this? There are a few on victorian plumbing and you can search by width.

NoMilkNoSugar Mon 01-Feb-16 11:16:11

Is it too late to return the toilet? Have you seen this www.diy.com/rooms/cooke-lewis-duetto-close-coupled-toilet-with-integrated-basin-with-soft-close-seat/808507_BQ.prd?Toilets_CCT i know it's fugly but it could work with a deep bathroom mirror cabinet to hide the cleaner in.

SmallGreenBouncyBall Mon 01-Feb-16 11:22:39

we just renovated our second wc.
tiny room, about as bis as a public toilet cubicle. we have a toilet with sink over cistern. we had the window replaced and put on the outside wall so that there is now a generous window sill. for 'stuff' we have a small mirror cabinet. cleaning stuff lives in a locked cupboard in the kitchen, much safer that way.

21stCenturyBreakdown Mon 01-Feb-16 20:43:22

We've just bought this for our cloakroom:

www.homebase.co.uk/en/homebaseuk/cannock-cloakroom-400mm-vanity-unit-and-basin---light-oak-930845

mrsmortis Tue 02-Feb-16 13:39:37

Do you need the storage? Instead of trying to find a vanity that would fit in our downstairs toilet we've put in a wall hung sink and a medicine cabinet above the toilet. That way we get storage and leg room. It's no deeper than the tank so it doesn't get in the way.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now