OK I need help sticking something to something

(8 Posts)
poocatcherchampion Sun 24-Jan-16 19:16:51

We've just finally added the plinths to our kitchen. There is one more bit to do, not quite a plinth but a panel to go under the dishwasher to cover the bottom bit. A skirt if you will.
It has little 90deg metal pieces screwed on that we could screw into the sides of the cabinets either side but it is impossible to manipulate a screw driver that way.

My latest bright idea came to me while thinking about using playdoh....

Is there some material like playdoh we can use to stick it on which will then set and stick fast?

Preferably something we already own so I can do this tomorrow while dh is at work and prove to him that I can actually do anything. smile

Come on mumsnetters. You fixed our car a few weeks back

marjolaine Sun 24-Jan-16 19:35:17

Sugru?

GiddyOnZackHunt Mon 25-Jan-16 16:22:58

Dots of Velcro that are sticky backed.
Put them together and on the plinth.
Press firmly into place.

HelpfulChap Mon 25-Jan-16 16:25:03

You can bendy screwdrivers. Wonderful invention. There is probably a no more nails product that will do the job otherwise.

HelpfulChap Mon 25-Jan-16 16:25:22

You can buy......

poocatcherchampion Mon 25-Jan-16 19:10:16

OK thanks this is good. I have just ordered a product that is some kind of mouldable glue. Amazon prime so it will be here tomorrow. If I don't come back it means my fingers are stuck together and j need to melt them to sort it out!

TheExMotherInLaw Mon 25-Jan-16 20:20:16

I would have gone with the velcro, as it's easier to remove for cleaning all the grunge that builds up.

PigletJohn Mon 25-Jan-16 20:38:33

magnets.

look for neodymium ones, round with a hole in. You can glue or screw them to the plinth and they will grip the dishwasher casing, or to the metal brackets if you have previously screwed them to the adjoining cabinets. They are much stronger than you think. If they stick together and you need to remove them, you slide them apart sideways.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now