double mattress question

(6 Posts)
twins2004 Wed 20-Jan-16 21:30:45

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Twinklefuck Wed 20-Jan-16 22:03:36

I'd think about going for a memory foam one, we got one around 5/6 years ago and still going strong. I can't even tell when dh turns. Would really recommend it.

twins2004 Wed 20-Jan-16 22:36:00

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

StillCalendula Thu 21-Jan-16 09:34:08

You both need to try the memory foam mattress. I absolutely love my tempur mattress but DH can't sleep well on it at all and gets terrible backache because he moves too little in his sleep on that type of mattress.

Twinklefuck Thu 21-Jan-16 10:24:28

I'd also second both trying it. We picked it out together along with memory foam pillows, mine is like a cloud and his like a brick. People are strange.

namechangedtoday15 Thu 21-Jan-16 10:36:29

Memory foam can be very hot (as I understand it) and we ruled it out on that basis (DH has just a sheet for most of the year).

We got a new mattress before Christmas and it is amazing, pocket sprung with pillow top layer (Beaumont from Laura Ashley - less than half price at the mo). We also got a sprung divan base (on legs, not drawers) - it makes a difference what kind of bed / platform the mattress is going on. If you have a slatted base, that can sometimes lead to the kind of roll together issue because of the design. You need to do your homework. I searched for hours but it was sooooo worth it smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now