Moving house AGAIN

(7 Posts)
SparklyTinselTits Wed 20-Jan-16 08:39:38

This is our 3rd military move in the last 4 years, but it's our first move with a baby.
I'm probably massively over thinking it all, but we only have 3 weeks until we move and I'm panicking!
We have to repaint 2 rooms, get the march out cleaning done, and I'm still waiting to find out if the military will be paying for our removals or not!
On top of that, we won't have any family help with the move, as they are too far away, so I'm a bit worried about DD. If I'm taking care of her, I'll be no help with the move, so DH will have to do it all himself if the military aren't providing removals!

STRESSSSSS!!!!! confused

GunShotResidue Wed 20-Jan-16 08:44:45

I feel your pain! We move in 6 weeks, our pre March out meeting is today. Then we have 5 weeks of appointments (DD has her 2 year review and I'm 5 months pregnant under consultant care).

We've just repainted the living room, didn't paint anywhere else but will need to do lots of touch ups.

I've been trying to take it slowly and do one job a day, but I'm getting very stressed about all the cleaning too!

SparklyTinselTits Wed 20-Jan-16 08:57:04

It's such a pain in the arse!
I was expecting we could get a least a month between choosing our new house and moving in...but we've only got 20 days sad
DH has a week of range days the week before the move too so I'll be trying to do the last jobs myself.
I want to move, the new house is lovely! I just don't want all the crap that comes along with it

GunShotResidue Wed 20-Jan-16 10:28:49

20 days is pretty short notice! Will you be at the new house for long?

We're going to get a quote for cleaning today hopefully, although DH wants to do it himself. Movers are coming in the Friday and we march out on the Wednesday, I'll probably stay with family inbetween and leave him to do as much as possible. I did it all last time, it was horrible. Definitely couldn't handle it while looking after DD too!

SparklyTinselTits Wed 20-Jan-16 12:19:48

I have no idea how long we will be there! We move, assume we will settle for a few years, but then move again, so there's no tellings!!
I want to do the walk-away scheme, but DH isn't keen....even though he won't be the one doing the work of we clean ourselves angry

GunShotResidue Wed 20-Jan-16 22:49:37

We were quoted £175 for our 3 bed and 60

GunShotResidue Wed 20-Jan-16 22:51:49

Oops! And £60 for the oven. I'm very tempted! But we'll see how the next few weeks go. DH is hoping to do a course next year, if all goes to plan we'll be moving after a year, then again after 18 months.

I hope your next place is more permanent! (As much as anything ever is in the military anyway)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now