neighbours solar panels

(7 Posts)
thisismypassword Tue 19-Jan-16 11:46:43

I've noticed that out neighbours solar panels ever so slightly go onto our roof. We're looking to sell next year. It's doesn't really bother us, do you think it will bother prospective buyers?!

JT05 Tue 19-Jan-16 12:41:54

It depends on what 'ever so slightly' means. If you complain you could start a disagreement with your neighbours, which would put buyers off.

PigletJohn Tue 19-Jan-16 13:37:49

Are you in a terrace?

thisismypassword Tue 19-Jan-16 13:55:23

Yes I'm in a terrace. You can see its over our side if you really look. Maybe buyers won't scrutinise for long enough and won't notice.

If I got into a dispute I think that'd be worse - perhaps I should only complain about it if it becomes the issue why we can't sell??

PigletJohn Tue 19-Jan-16 13:56:29

good idea

Herrerarerra Tue 19-Jan-16 13:57:29

Might it be an issue if/when your buyers have a survey done? Surely the state of the roof will be scrutinised by the surveyor?

thisismypassword Tue 19-Jan-16 14:45:37

Hererra I didn't think of that. It's a small house. I think we'll be lucky to sell it for 95k. So hopefully a perspective buyer might not want/think to get a survey! (Here's hoping)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now