Paving company did a job for me, but didn't do it properly, how should I deal

(2 Posts)
BasinHaircut Fri 15-Jan-16 08:26:16

Had a v small job done just before Xmas, for £350 (remedial). About a week ago it became apparent that they hadn't done it properly so I called them and explained.

Owner said he would come out and have a look. He has just been and aside from the fact that he was incredibly rude, said he thinks the job is 90% done so will just come and finish it (it isn't 90%, unless 90% done means done a piss poor bodge job) and that what we have asked him to do is illegal anyway (it isn't illegal but if it is why did his firm take it on in he first place?).

I don't want a company that I've already paid for a job to come and try again TBH, I want my money back. He isn't entertaining that option at all.

He left after saying to let him know if we wanted him to come back and sort it. Y'know, that thing he just told me is illegal.

I have just text him asking him to plead send me the receipt for the original job as I didn't get one and now I assume as it was a small job he hasn't put it through his books.

Is there anything I can do? I guess not and I'll just have to write it off, lesson learned but I'm quite annoyed.

Madelinehatter Fri 15-Jan-16 08:47:15

Well if he says he will come back and finish it then make sure he does. If you are not happy with the job he should do this if reasonable.

However if you have paid him there is no leverage here and if he is a bit unscrupulous then he may not return. He has offered to put it right though?

Always get a receipt btw. Though for small jobs badly done there isn't much you can do. Would cost more to take them to court!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now