Air Quality

(5 Posts)
Isabella70 Sat 02-Jan-16 12:01:15

Does anyone have any experience with domestic air quality detectors? We are just about to move into an apartment budding by a busy main road and we're interested in something that could measure levels of traffic pollution and cigarette smoke

hughknowles Tue 09-Feb-16 13:13:08

Isabella70
Apologies. not sure of the etiquette of a man posting here (I am a father of two - a toddler boy and 3month old baby girl - and I am on 5 months paternity leave if that makes any difference).
The reason I was posting is that I found your message whilst looking for links to air quality and mumsnet. We have just built portable air quality monitors that we are putting on buggies to track infant exposure and looking for volunteers. Do you live in London? Would you be willing to give it a go?

specialsubject Tue 09-Feb-16 17:34:21

a man is allowed, a sales pitch is not.

OP - what are you going to do with this information anyway?

hughknowles Wed 10-Feb-16 16:21:23

I am confused. It is not a sales pitch. I am not selling anything and did not suggest I was. We have funding to develop prototype devices to track infant exposure but need people to test the devices. As the data is personally indentifable information we are very cautious. All data created is the property of the person generating it. We hope to make better devices and help people create change.

specialsubject Wed 10-Feb-16 16:23:11

fair enough, but you didn't make that clear. There are appropriate parts of MN for this.

not really that bothered so I haven't reported it, but be aware.

the other question is 'what will you do with the info?' everyone knows that living in a big city means more exposure to traffic fumes, and there's nothing to be done about it except move.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now