Washing machine has stopped spinning - help!

(6 Posts)
Celeriacacaca Tue 10-Nov-15 12:13:49

Our Bosch w/m has stopped spinning. It blew a fuse the other day which presumably was caused by whatever has stopped it spinning. From what I see on the internet, as it has tripped the electrics then I may well need to replace it. Other sites suggest I just need the brushes replaced. Any experts out there please to help?

dynevoran Tue 10-Nov-15 12:19:50

When ours did this it was the pressure switch faulty. So it told the machine it was empty when full.

DrivingMissLazy1 Tue 10-Nov-15 12:28:44

Is it pumping out the water first? I seem to remember the pipes being blocked on my previous machine and as the water couldn't be pumped out, the spin never started iyswim. Dh removed the pipes and cleaned them out by jetting clean water through them.
Are the electrics/control panel on your machine working? If not, you may be paying out £££££ sad

CaurnieBred Tue 10-Nov-15 12:29:22

For mine it was the brushes but it wasn't blowing fuses.

Celeriacacaca Tue 10-Nov-15 12:45:59

There's some water left in it. Will try the jetting DML1, Control panel working but it gets up to spin time and it just sits there on spin and goes no further.

dontcallmelen Tue 10-Nov-15 17:19:19

Hi no expert, mine recently stopped spinning & was the brushes, cost about £80.00 I think.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now