Decorator's left a stained painty carpet grrrr

(6 Posts)
PhyllisDietrichson Wed 04-Nov-15 19:30:16

There's a big blob of mid grey paint on my 5 year old cream carpet and lots of little off-white blobs - clearly no ground sheet used. What's the least / most I can expect the company to do (they're really expensive too).

nancy75 Wed 04-Nov-15 19:31:58

If it can't be professionally cleaned you should tell them you expect them to claim on their insurance for new carpet

Finola1step Wed 04-Nov-15 19:33:10

That's completely unacceptable. I would take photos of every bit of paint ASAP. And I would be expecting a replacement carpet, exact if possible.

PhyllisDietrichson Wed 04-Nov-15 19:38:59

Mmm interesting. They're mid-job so could get tricky re completing and us pressing them for monetary solution.

wowfudge Wed 04-Nov-15 19:39:22

They should pay for professional cleaning and if that doesn't work then cough up for a new carpet. Should be done through their insurers.

PhyllisDietrichson Wed 11-Nov-15 06:49:34

He explored the internet, came round with a bottle of vodka, took 2 stages/days to do the magic, and it's gone! He's got rid of it - utterly amazing, I'd not have believed it. Respect!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now