high gloss handleless doors to fit ikea carcass

(4 Posts)
Systine Tue 22-Sep-15 11:32:12

Hi,

We intend to choose the ikea carcass for our new kitchen for its modularity and ease to get interiors. However, ikea does not have handleless high gloss doors.

Has anyone tried to outsource the handleless doors? Will, e.g., the DIY-kitchen/wickes doors fit on ikea carcass? We have limited budget, so would not consider expensive ones.

Many thanks!

wowfudge Tue 22-Sep-15 11:57:55

They do high gloss doors you fit with push-close fittings on the inside. Is that not what you mean? I'm by no means a kitchen expert but it's the hinge position that often governs whether doors will fit.

mandy214 Tue 22-Sep-15 14:03:35

DIY Kitchen doors will not fit the IKEA Metod range. I looked into getting alternative doors for IKEA cabinets and could find painted wooden doors but not gloss (or matt that I wanted - apart from an American company that did not ship to the UK) . There have been a few threads about this though. Worth having a trawl through the archives.

seb1 Tue 22-Sep-15 17:27:54

Try here Made to measure doors we used this company for our doors and they were great, you can get colour samples and even order a sample door, any questions just ask.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now