any paint experts? for a table tennis table?

(4 Posts)
Meloncoley2 Sat 12-Sep-15 11:25:01

Hello, I am using a large sheet of MDF as a table tennis table, and have realised that painting will be more complicated than I'd realised.
I think I need to seal it first, but I had assumed I'd just be able to source some suitable paint quite easily by typing 'table tennis paint' into Google.
it now looks as if I may have to concoct something myself...
any ideas from more practical people?

wowfudge Sat 12-Sep-15 13:58:09

Not something I have ever done or see myself doing, but I would prime then use at least two coats of paint then add the lines. Finally several coats of matt varnish. Allow a good length of time for everything to fully dry and harden before using it.

RingDownRingUp Sat 12-Sep-15 14:59:54

I'd do the same, but I bought one very cheaply from ebay. Prob cost the same as paint plus net and without the hassle. Might be worth a look?

Meloncoley2 Sat 12-Sep-15 16:25:28

The room I am going to use it in isn't big enough for a full size table, hence my unorthodox 8x4ft home design.
It's the type of paint to use that I am wondering about.. It needs to be matt I think, also when I looked on YouTube they were spraying theirs, so that was something else to consider.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now