Please help me choose the colours of my kitchen!

(6 Posts)
Titsywoo Fri 04-Sep-15 23:05:23

I am really struggling! The room is 8m x 4.5m. One half is the kitchen and the other half will have a table and sofa plus a large cupboard built into the wall. There is a lot of light at the table end but less in the kitchen end. I am going for a matt shaker style (howdens Burford range). Big island and range cooker, American fridge, Butler sink. The floor is engineered wood like this. The worktop is most likely black granite that has some grey in it so not too harsh in colour - like this.

So I need to decide on cabinet colour (white, ivory, cream, stone or grey) and the walls - no idea just not white.

I want the room to feel homely but still clean if you see what I mean?

Help!

Marmitelover55 Sat 05-Sep-15 08:01:21

Hi - just a suggestion but if your kitchen is a bit dark I wouldn't have black granite and a dark wood floor. Dark granite really absorbs the light.

We had a similar dilemma last year and went for ivory fantasy granite with a light wood floor. Our shaker style cabinets are painted vanilla. We also have American fridge freezer, range cooker and island grin

Titsywoo Sat 05-Sep-15 10:05:56

Yes I know what you are saying. We have bought the flooring and i don't want to change that anyway but the black granite is not set in stone (no pun intended!).

This is a pic of the design and some of the kitchen which has a white mist coat so looks lovely and bright at the moment.

Titsywoo Sat 05-Sep-15 10:06:45

Oops didn't add the pic of the darker end (excuse the mess!)

Marmitelover55 Sat 05-Sep-15 11:31:20

I'm not at home at the moment to take a better pic but this is a photo of ours - the granite has a grey appearance from afar but closer up its more creamy and swirly!

yomellamoHelly Sat 05-Sep-15 21:48:05

We've just gone for stone coloured cabinets with light wood effect worktops and floor and off-white wall. The kitchen is in the "dark" corner of our kitchen/diner.
The cabinets look quite dark tbh.
So in your position I'd go for white, ivory or cream. (On the basis that I'd also want it to look warm.)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now