To replace sink plug holes or not?

(3 Posts)
canalknit Thu 06-Aug-15 08:08:23

Hi all,

We are in the process of putting our house on the market, and have been doing odd jobs to tidy it up before we do so (ie painting kitchen, sealing shower etc) but there is one job that we can't agree on if we should do it or not. Our bathroom sink plug holes have rusted away to a highly attractive browny-grey colour, which ideally I would like to replace, but it's turned out to be a job that neither of us can do ourselves, so we would have to get a plumber in. My DP has said leave it as it's something that he thinks won't put off potential buyers, especially as we've made an effort with the rest of the house. What would you do?

Thanks in advance!

PigletJohn Thu 06-Aug-15 08:57:33

it is unlikely to be rust. Quite likely the chrome plating has been eaten away by acid cleaners and the nickel or brass is showing through.

I wouldn't bother. New owners may well want to refit the bathroom and kitchen so provided it looks clean and tidy it won't matter.

Andcake Sat 08-Aug-15 21:35:02

Ours are a bit like this I just put the plugs in before viewing so they are less obvious

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now