Shower Enclosures and Valves

(5 Posts)
Loumate666 Sun 12-Jul-15 16:26:51

Hi - anyone had any experience of Hydrolux or Diamond shower enclosures or Mira Shower valves (I'm specifically looking at the Agile Exposed bar valve)?

They're all pretty reasonably priced at Plumbworld so again, any good / bad feedback for that online supplier?

Ta very much

Lou

PigletJohn Sun 12-Jul-15 19:45:31

bar valves are IMO not as good or as reliable as the round ones. They are also usually cheaper. As long as you have a surface-mounted mixer (not recessed into the wall) on a chrome wall plate, it will be easy to change when it goes wrong.

Can you afford an Aqualisa mixer?

Have you got a combi boiler or a hot-water cylinder (what colour)?

PigletJohn Sun 12-Jul-15 19:50:27

p.s.
very happy with Plumbworld.

Put "clearance" into their search box.

Loumate666 Sun 12-Jul-15 20:48:22

Thanks PJ - it's a new CH/HW/UFH unvented installation with first fix from end of this week - I just need to get a few bits sorted so I know pipe spacing for the valves for the first fix. I agree with surface mounted and I prefer the round valves but 'the boss' prefers the bar type for aesthetics. I'll have a look at aqualisa thanks.

Lou

PigletJohn Sun 12-Jul-15 22:58:29

standard mixer pipe spacing is accomplished with a fixing plate which enables you to remove the mixer for repair or change, and supports it without strain on the pipes.

this one can be tiled over

others go on the surface

round mixers can use the same spacing but usually have their own fixing plate screwed to the wall

prices down to about £15 on fleabay

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now