Paint/colour/interior experts: Pl help me with colours for these gorgeous original panels and door.

(7 Posts)
Mrbrowncanmoo Sat 11-Jul-15 19:40:12

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Mrbrowncanmoo Sat 11-Jul-15 19:43:13

TitsCrossed Sun 12-Jul-15 00:11:02

Looks lovely.
I really like Dulux Heritage paint colours, personally I think it's better quality paint than F&B. You can get the colours mixed up in Diamond scrubbable matt finish too.

TremoloGreen Sun 12-Jul-15 21:35:02

YY to*Tits*' suggestion. Also Little Greene's intelligent eggshell is very good quality.

Do you want colour suggestions? I take it you don't want high contrast if you want all pale colours? As a starting point, do you want colours (which are you drawn to?) or neutrals? Warm or cool? What sort of light do you get from which direction?

Mrbrowncanmoo Mon 13-Jul-15 11:55:03

TremoloGreen Tue 14-Jul-15 23:02:52

Good choice. I love those ambiguous blue/green/greys that look different in different lights.

I think two complementary greys would look good on the upper and lower panels, with the beams picked out in an almost-white. I don't know if I would splash out on Little Greene for the whole lot if I wasn't going to live in the house myself!

It's hard to tell how much natural light you're getting there. As it's the main spine of the house, I would go for pretty neutral, not too warm or cool, as all the other rooms need to come off it. Obviously, testers. Don't just buy a load of paint and slap it on, becuase your lighting conditions dictate a lot. Recommend painting your testers onto paper and then you can move them around to the different walls to catch the light differently.

Grey suggestions:
Dulux Lead White, Thimble Case (warmer) or Grey Steel 3
Crown Grey Lace
Johnstones Dove Grey, French Chiffon, Shadow (warmer)

Whites
Crown White Light
Dulux White Handkerchief
Johnstones White Lace

Might give you a starting point of where to look on the colour charts if nothing else. You'll be able to get any colours in any formulation if you go to a trade centre.

PetraDelphiki Tue 14-Jul-15 23:07:28

Have a look at mythic paint through DesignerPaint.co.uk...fab colors and a dream to use!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now