Help! What colour glass splashbacks?

(7 Posts)
pastizzi Sat 27-Jun-15 10:26:48

New kitchen set to go in in a week's time and although we decided a while back on glass splashbacks on the walls we now can't decide which colour would match with the French gray (Tiverton Grey) units and white Quartz worktops.

My initial thought was a neutral aqua type of thing but now that just seems wrong. And can't think of anything that seems right!

Any help much appreciated

Hexiegone Sat 27-Jun-15 10:33:14

What colour will your floor be? And your walls?

See if there's anything that inspires you if you google images of the Tiverton Grey kitchen.

Marmitelover55 Sat 27-Jun-15 11:02:15

We have got an aqua glass splash back but have vanilla units, ivory fantasy granite and Dulux Timeless paint on the walls. I think it looks lovely and it would probably go with grey too.

123rd Sat 27-Jun-15 12:14:06

In our previous kitchen we had dark work tops with a cream hi gloss unit and cerise splash back. Looked fab IMO

pastizzi Sat 27-Jun-15 13:12:10

Thanks for suggestions. Your kitchen looks lovely Marmite!

Hexie there won't be any walls as such as the glass will go all around the kitchen. We're having a wood floor.

I did start thinking about white/ Apple white but then I think we'd lose the impact of the white worktops.

The units are much more green than grey so I'm leaning towards a light green again now...

Hexiegone Sat 27-Jun-15 14:22:16

Have you seen the colour chart for the splashbacks? When I saw it the first time I pointed to the one I liked then we hummed and hawed over a few others but the splashback chap said we'd be better going for the first one, because that's what people always do. So we did and we're very happy with it. So whichever one jumps out at you is the one to go for wink

Do you need to choose it just now? Might be easier once the kitchen's in ...

itsnothingoriginal Mon 29-Jun-15 12:00:28

Have you got testers? We borrowed a few we liked and was surprised at how different the glass colour looked in the kitchen against the paint colour of the walls and units. We went for a mushroom colour in the end but it exactly matched with the olive green on the walls - I wouldn't have expected it to!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now