Kitchen and extraction. Can I use powerful bathroom wall/ceiling ones for steam and smells

(6 Posts)
Lelivre Sat 20-Jun-15 14:14:59

...because I don't like the look of most hoods and the ceiling ones are so expensive and a bit ugly too.

Lweji Sat 20-Jun-15 14:53:35

Have you considered an extractor fan under and through a wall cabinet?

Lelivre Sat 20-Jun-15 17:48:37

Leweji - yes I don't mind this kind at all and have had one before. But no cupboards on this side and just a single one isn't going to look right.

VeryPunny Sat 20-Jun-15 18:44:46

We have an above hob recirculating fan and then a wall mounted extractor fan for actual extraction, as the hob is not against an outside wall.

I am not sure you can get away with just a wall mounted one - it may depend on how far from your cooker it is. If you do buy one, spend extra money on a quiet one.

EarSlaps Sat 20-Jun-15 22:19:21

Kitchen extractor fans extract greasy air, so you change or wash filters. A bathroom extractor fan wouldn't have a filter so could get pretty disgusting.

Lelivre Sun 21-Jun-15 18:03:25

Earslaps - ah yes that's true. So I could have a greasy film everywhere. Although... I only fry once a wk max and never deep fry do you think I could get away with it

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now