Looking to buy a house in Weybridge

(5 Posts)
onix Fri 05-Jun-15 10:20:02

Dear Mums,

We are a young couple looking to buy a house in Weybridge to start a family. We both work in London, and for this reason we would like to choose a property very close to the station (5 min walk). We went on Saturday for a walk to get to know the area and I thought it is lovely. However, somebody told me to avoid Campbell Rd, Locke King Rd, John Cobb area as it has some council estates and it might be a bit rough.

Can you advise, please?

EvansOvalPiesYumYum Fri 05-Jun-15 10:22:58

Why on earth would anyone assume that a Council Estate might be 'a bit rough'.

How patronising.

I clicked on your post to offer something helpful, as I live nearby, but really???

onix Fri 05-Jun-15 10:43:10

Dear Evans,

Don't get me wrong, my friend lives in a 1.5 mil house and she is a bit fussy if you know what I mean... Our budget is limited and I really liked the places we saw.

I didn't want to offend anybody with this thread!

specialsubject Fri 05-Jun-15 10:44:14

you certainly need to be in walking distance of the station as Weybridge traffic is horrific; I'd visit in rush hour to see what the problem is. But you can walk further than 5 minutes!

Also remember that you'll get a lot of train noise that close to the line.

ElleDubloo Fri 05-Jun-15 11:13:21

Council estates aren't necessarily rough - the one near us is rather lovely! (though I understand why you might be wary in general)

It's good that you took a walk there and liked it. Visit the place a few more times over the next few weekends to get a better feel for it.

Check the heat map: www.mouseprice.com/property-for-sale/map/e14 (you can change the map from "property prices" to "crime" and "burglaries")

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now