Honed granite

(5 Posts)
Cheekychip Mon 01-Jun-15 17:55:31

Please help me with another kitchen decision.

I was all set for getting a polished black granite worktop but then I saw another suppliers samples of 'honed brown antiqued' which I love but I'd prefer a bluish tone to go with with my F&B french grey units.
Soooo...... Does anyone have any experience of honed granite and what colour do you have?
I liked flash blue but there was no sample in honed so I'm worried it might not have the effect I'm hoping for honed.

Marmitelover55 Mon 01-Jun-15 18:42:28

The honed granite I've seen seems to show finger prints very badly. I would go for a light granite/quartz.

Cheekychip Mon 01-Jun-15 20:34:15

I had planned to go for a light worktop but when I browsed I thought black/dark granite looked better with painted units.

Marmitelover55 Mon 01-Jun-15 20:43:39

I disagree as I think dark worktops can absorb the light, be domineering and make a room look dark. I am biased though as I went light with my painted units and love it! grin

Cheekychip Mon 01-Jun-15 20:56:50

Don't do this to me! grin I am so bad at making decisions.

The kitchen is on the small side and east facing so logic does say light worktop.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now