Is it a good idea to put your Rightmove listing on Facebook?

(11 Posts)
FinallyLearntToBudget Fri 29-May-15 13:01:56

I'm not sure why it wouldn't be (apart from people you know critiquing your interior decoration hmm).

It's just I'm not a regular Facebooker so wondering if I've not spotted any obvious pitfalls of doing so.

Our house has just gone on the market so wondering if this might be a good idea (every little helps, etc).

Reignbeau Fri 29-May-15 13:06:07

I know a couple of people who have done this, it hasn't made any difference as neither have a buyer through it. I think it's a bit pointless, if I was house hunting I would go to rightmove and estate agents' sites to do it and not Facebook.

FinallyLearntToBudget Fri 29-May-15 13:07:54

True, it's unlikely to yield anything, but seeing as it would only take a millisecond to do, I thought there might be no harm in it. (But just wondering if there is a potential 'harm' that I hadn't thought of!)

Sunnyshores Fri 29-May-15 13:33:26

So the rightmove listing would say you live at ie 1 high street, then a few weeks later you'd post that you were away on holiday for 2 weeks. Or that you were a single female living alone, or that photos would show that you had a Van Gough in your lounge! Potentially dangerous...

Idoc Fri 29-May-15 13:41:14

Good point it's like saying
Hi guys here is where I live to the whole world

FinallyLearntToBudget Fri 29-May-15 14:01:10

Hmm... Because I'm not a regular user of FB, I don't actually say when I go on holiday. Re. showing what you own, isn't that the case on Rightmove anyway?

Kerberos Fri 29-May-15 14:02:39

I'd be worried that someone I knew would buy my house - making the whole sale far more complex than selling to a stranger.

FinallyLearntToBudget Fri 29-May-15 14:20:00

Kerberos, interesting! I thought some people thought that was easier.

Kerberos Fri 29-May-15 14:27:51

At least with a stranger it's a business transaction. There's no emotion involved. Each party has no tie to the other.

FinallyLearntToBudget Fri 29-May-15 14:33:15

True - you might fall out! grin

Sunnyshores Fri 29-May-15 17:15:20

Finally - best you stay off F.... people let you know when they're on holiday every 20 secs with selfies on the plane, beach, bar etc etc every minute detail of their lives displayed to the world and its crazies!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now