Schools in Walthamstow

(4 Posts)
Clemcie Tue 26-May-15 16:29:46

Hello,

We've just moved from Islington to Walthamstow (near Blackhorse road) and have been given a school last minute for our daughter who starts reception in September. The school is Hillyfield at the Park (just by Lloyds Park). I've checked and they seem to have an Outstanding OFSTED report but the school is quite new (it's the second site of Hillyfield on the Hill) and is an Academy..so not sure if that's a good thing or not?
We are french so the english system is very new to us and we feel a bit lost. We just want to make the right decision.
I see that all popular schools are at full capacity already but this one as quite few vacancies, so again not sure what to think about this.
Does anyone have a child who goes to this school? Or know someone who does? Any feedback would be great!

Many thanks,
Clem

Celia1978 Tue 26-May-15 18:22:29

Can't answer your question I'm afraid (I do live in Walthamstow but my kids aren't school age yet) but if you're on Facebook search for a group called 'Walthamstow Parents'. If you join that and ask your question there you'll get an answer - it's full of really helpful people.

Clemcie Tue 26-May-15 19:05:29

Thanks Celia for the advice! I will definitely give it a try! Thanks, Clemence

windchimes23 Wed 27-May-15 15:15:51

This would have been my local primary if I'd not moved out to Redbridge. I have friends who have children who go to school there and are happy with it. In fact one of my friends is a TA there and says it's well run.

Two things to bear in mind - it's prime catchment for Priory Court Estate. And secondary provision in the borough is pretty dire, but I guess that may improve before it effects you.

You will see plenty of mums smoking fags waiting with pushchairs outside the school gates, but hey it's not Kensington after all wink

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now