Kitchen fitting cost advice pleaseH

(4 Posts)
Equimum Tue 19-May-15 07:38:50

So, after rejecting the idea of an Ikea kitchen, we have now set our hearts on a wooden fronted kitchen which will come 'put together'. We spoke to a fitter at the weekend and he suggested this would be cheaper to have fitted. The fitting includes:-

- approx 14 units being installed
- integrated hob, oven, dishwasher installation, extractor) in same places as existing)
- floor tiling
- fitting wood work surface

The kitchen is about 8ft x 11.5ft

How much would you expect to pay for this? (We are in the SE, but not a premium area).

The current quote is for approx. £3.5k and he said this was a discounted price as he couldn't do the month we ideally wanted.

TIA

OnePlanOnHouzz Tue 19-May-15 09:11:54

I think I would ask him how long it will take - what time he will get there each day and what time he will leave - how long his lunch break is - then work out exactly what hourly rate this works out at !! Even at £35 per hour that's 100 hours - I can't see a job that size taking that long !!!

SmellTheGlove Tue 19-May-15 09:37:16

I would get another quote, just to compare. We are paying 1.8k to have a pre assembled kitchen fitted, appliances fitted into existing locations and some wall tiling (not floor though, doing that separately). Kitchen bit smaller than yours, about 10 units I think, and laminate worktop. Our units are coming from DIY kitchen, appliances from John Lewis and Appliances Online. Maybe ask for a breakdown of the quote as it may be the floor fitting that is pushing it up? We are in London suburbs.

Equimum Tue 19-May-15 12:06:40

Thank-you for the feedback ladies.

Smellthe, we had been budgeting for approximately £2-2.5k based on what others had said, so interesting to hear your quote and see that we don't seem too unrealistic. Funnily enough, our units are also coming from DIY kitchens.

I will certainly think about hourly rates etc. he said about 8 days, but what that actually is in hours I'm not sure. Assuming an 8 hour day, that's about £54/ hour!!!! I know there will be two of them for a few hours here and there, but even so.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now