How to get the b@stards out???!!

(3 Posts)
Gowlane8 Sat 16-May-15 19:16:57

We had an offer accepted on the 8th of April, we have cash buyers.
Our sellers are going abroad. When we viewed the house it didn't look lived in, no ornaments or pictures, no washing line, not even a lawnmower or garden tools.
They were going asap.
We're 6 weeks in, have contracts to sign, and they've flitted off to Spain for a week. We've been hassling them to complete on the 11th of June, and the b@stards still won't give us a definite date.
My husband is away at sea after this date, and they knew when we wanted from day one.

War tactics and idea's needed please!! How do we scare the shit out of them and get them to go when we, and our buyers want?

Ta in advance!

Penfold007 Sat 16-May-15 19:38:44

Just be really firm and say if they can't complete on the 11th of June you will be pulling out.

lalalonglegs Sat 16-May-15 20:04:20

There is still lots of time to complete before 11th June so don't panic just yet. Tell your solicitor to tell their solicitor and, more importantly, their estate agent who won't want to miss out on commission, that the amount you offered was contingent on a move in date of 11th June and, due to extra expenses you will have to incur after this date, you will be reducing the offer accordingly. That should focus their minds.

The holiday is a red herring. I haven't signed a contract for house sale in years - I just instruct my solicitor to do it on my behalf so there is no need for them to be in the country to move the process along.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now