Where to buy replacement kitchen cabinet doors?

(22 Posts)
SkodaLabia Fri 15-May-15 10:51:44

I'm looking to buy some kitchen cabinet doors and drawer fronts. Where's a good place to get them direct? I don't need carcasses. They're to match solid birch carcasses so I'm thinking a contrasting colour would be good, white or stainless steel.

They are 500mm wide, so Ikea is out.

samsam123 Fri 15-May-15 22:43:54

B and Q got mine from there gloss white not sure what other colours they do but great price

seb1 Fri 15-May-15 23:22:54

I got mine from here, you can get free colour samples and buy a sample door for £12. They can make them to what size you want and pre-drill holes for hinges, they also do accessories.

seb1 Fri 15-May-15 23:39:12

They have over 50 door designs and 60 finishes, so quite a choice

OnePlanOnHouzz Sat 16-May-15 07:01:29

Jali.co.uk based in Kent do MDF doors to any size ready for painting. I've bought shelving and rad cabinets from them and they've always been brilliant ! Worth a look ! smile

SkodaLabia Sat 16-May-15 14:54:47

Thanks!

seb, are they good quality? I'm considering the paintable vinyl finish as some of the carcasses already have solid birch drawers that I'd like to keep.

Will have a look OnePlan!

seb1 Sat 16-May-15 16:50:22

I am very happy with mine, I went for Warsaw in Hornschurch white.

SkodaLabia Sat 16-May-15 21:02:54

Ooh, I was looking at that colour! It looks a greyer chalky white on the website, would you say that's right? I was thinking of getting the totally flat plain ones.

seb1 Sat 16-May-15 23:11:58

Send for the free colour samples, think I got hornschurch white, hornschurch ivory, vanilla and mussel. Hornschurch white isn't that grey but warmer than pure white, I don't have integrated white goods and they look bright white compared to the doors. Once I picked the colour, I ordered a sample door. They were helpful with my order I thought I needed soft closers for each hinge but it is only one per door, so they phoned me to check and changed my order. They were really quick 10 days from order to delivery. Kitchen has been finished a few weeks now, have spilled blackcurrant juice and spag bol down the doors and they have cleaned no problem. If you are buying handles, we got ours from Ikea and they have this great template you buy here makes putting on handles in the right place really easy.

seb1 Sat 16-May-15 23:22:16

Meant to say the "premier slab" door which I ordered as a sample has quite big bevelled edge which I didn't like, think the "premier duleek" might be squarer and flatter.

SkodaLabia Sun 17-May-15 08:22:35

Yes, it was the Duleek I meant, although I also like the handleless one called the Bedford.

I'll get handles from Ikea, basically what I'm trying to do is add doors or drawers to an ikea unit that hasn't got any. Long story. grin

Will get some sample colours. I'd like to avoid buying a sample door, can you tell me, is the Hornchurch White a flat surface, or has it got raised fake wood grain?

ClaudiaNaughton Sun 17-May-15 09:01:46

Justdoors.co.uk used to be an offshoot of John Lewis Kitchens (not sure if they still are) and do upmarket good quality doors. Not a huge choice but highly recommended.

seb1 Sun 17-May-15 11:08:33

Flat surface, super white ash has a wood effect I think.

SkodaLabia Sun 17-May-15 11:52:50

Thanks, not looking for wood effect so that's good!

Had a look at that site, Claudia, and they're too expensive for us, sadly.

seb1 Sun 17-May-15 12:17:44

Here is a picture of a door next to washing machine, to give you an idea of colour and finish

SkodaLabia Sun 17-May-15 14:56:05

That's great, thanks so much!

Walnutpie Mon 18-May-15 13:51:26

seb1 they look really good. Have you got any more pics?!

Did you replace your work surface as well?

Walnutpie Mon 18-May-15 13:55:05

Can I ask a daft question?! I'm looking at the place mentioned by Claudia... What exactly is the reason for the higher price point? Is there a tangible difference between the two differently priced doors?

Walnutpie Mon 18-May-15 20:44:32

Too daft a question, I suppose..confused

seb1 Mon 18-May-15 21:50:21

Yes we replaced our worktop. Don't know why there is a price difference. We went with this company mainly as we had non-standard door sizes and this company were easy to get an online quote from and we are very pleased with them.

seb1 Mon 18-May-15 21:53:25

We got got 13 doors, 11 drawers fronts, for the doors hinge holes drilled, 26 hinges with 13 soft closers all delivered in about 10 days for under £600

seb1 Mon 18-May-15 22:16:36

Skoda and walnut I have pm'ed you both

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now