My dad bet me mumsnet can't find this...

(14 Posts)
linspins Sun 03-May-15 14:15:28

My parents went on holiday to Cyprus and really liked their bedside wall lights. They are looking for these for their home. My dad has scoured the Internet to find them, but no luck. Mumsnet has never let me down helping to find things. I said I'd ask you all!
Photo hopefully attached.
The main light is dimmable, and there are separate controls for both parts of the light.

OldRoan Sun 03-May-15 14:22:00

Something like this?

You could change the lampshade to make it look similar.

OldRoan Sun 03-May-15 14:25:34

Oh, not dimmable.

Try this

magimedi Sun 03-May-15 14:47:12

I hate to lower the tone, but I initally thought the lamp in the second link was called Dildo light!!

<childish giggle>

Weebirdie Sun 03-May-15 14:56:53

Here you go

www.chelsom.co.uk/product/led5800bn/

RoosterCogburn Sun 03-May-15 15:00:34

[http://www.chiswicklightingcompany.co.uk/wall-lights/bedside-reading-lights/html/fitting/149452-coupa-flexled-bedside-reading-lights.htm This ]] is similar, but not dimmable

RoosterCogburn Sun 03-May-15 15:01:09

proper link

Weebirdie Sun 03-May-15 15:01:40

sorry that wasnt dimmable.

OldRoan Sun 03-May-15 15:46:59

Magi - me too!

Sushiqueen Sun 03-May-15 16:30:18

How about this one www.lightingcompany.co.uk/wall-lights-c15/modern-wall-lights-c23/linea-verdace-jin-nickel-satin-dimmable-wall-light-with-switched-led-reading-light-p3595

LettuceLaughton Sun 03-May-15 16:33:20

Yup, RoosterCogburn has it! Take that OP's dad brew

linspins Sun 03-May-15 16:57:20

You guys rock. ( magimedi, I read dildo too....)
Finding the dimmable ones is the tricky bit, and having the lights separately controlled.
I've been promised a night of babysitting if I find the right thing. Shame I can't share it with you!
I will check out all those links.

BlackbirdOnTheWire Sun 03-May-15 23:49:46

www.thelightingsuperstore.co.uk/products/azumi-led-single-wall-light

This one says "dimmble retrofit LEDs might also be available" under dimming info, so I wonder if it's worth talking to an electrician?

We have bedroom wall lights with on/off rocker switches on the light itself but which are also controlled by dimmer switches next to the bed. We can thus turn the light on or off with its own switch, or dim it... You could set up any of these kind of lights to do similar (assuming you can fit dimmable bulbs). You wouldn't be able to dim one light and have the other still bright, but you could dim both, or dim the wall light and turn the reading light off, or turn the wall light off and dim/brighten the reading light...

BlackbirdOnTheWire Sun 03-May-15 23:59:10

www.lighting-direct.co.uk/sheraton-reading-light-white.html

This one incorporates on/off switches and a dimmer for the lights to be operated independently.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now