The stress of moving is making me I'll

(6 Posts)
Fluffybear86 Fri 01-May-15 01:25:23

Argh! Long story short I'm selling my house to an investor and buying another house. This has gone on since January and it's actually making me unwell now. We were given a date by the couple we're buying off 15th May but the people who are buying my house can't do that date and want to push it back to 28th! They are precious idiots my god! We cannot do end of May or June and the people were buying off want a completion date of 15 May as do we! I've spoken to my dad who will lend me the deposit so I can move into new home and let the pathetic buyers of my home move in at their convience ( how nice they obviously don't have a wedding to plan alongside working full time!) ie end of May. Do we take this offer and move in 15 May to prevent the house we're buying falling through and hope the buyers of our house make good on their promise? I've spoken to estate agents and all contracts have been signed so I assume if they back out a hefty fee will be imposed ? We can pay two mortgages but only for a couple of months! I'm so stressed and annoyed at how long this has taken and now they are moving the date back

NoArmaniNoPunani Fri 01-May-15 01:31:42

If you've exchanged contracts then you have more power. Tell them it's the 15th May and that's it.

BananaPie Fri 01-May-15 04:57:54

Technically you should tell your lender that you'll be paying two mortgages and borrowing the deposit.

mysteryfairy Fri 01-May-15 06:01:25

Signing contracts means nothing - they need to be exchanged. If you'd exchanged the completion date would already be fixed so I assume you haven't.

I think it would take beyond 15th May to sort out a mortgage offer for a second mortgage on the new house and if you could only afford temporarily and with a borrowed deposit I'm guessing you would not actually be eligible anyway.

Have you got your estate agent and solicitor negotiating for you re the date you want? That's really the best you can do. You can set deadlines etc but your buyers may just walk away.

Spickle Fri 01-May-15 08:16:09

You don't mention your solicitor/conveyancer and yet it is they who will liaise with all parties to agree a completion date and they will only do this when all the solicitors acting for the whole chain are ready to exchange contracts. If you haven't exchanged contracts, then you can't set a deadline only a preference.

SolomanDaisy Fri 01-May-15 08:44:19

Have you exchanged contracts? If not, you would be mad to go ahead with your purchase without your sale going ahead, even if the bank will let you. What's the reason for your buyers wanting to delay?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now