Danfoss heating controller - turning off service alert

(8 Posts)
GhoulWithADragonTattoo Tue 02-Dec-14 17:40:06

We have a Danfoss controller and it's beeping and has 'Ser' on the display. I understand this is a feature so that landlords have to have an annual boiler service. I live in my own house which is not rented or anything so not sure why this feature is set. Any plumber / heating engineers know how to turn the alert off?

roneik Wed 03-Dec-14 15:32:38

Try this manual from the company with menu for reset

https://www.google.co.uk/#q=danfoss+controller+manual

roneik Wed 03-Dec-14 15:34:35

Choose the pdf manual download/second down on google search result shown

GhoulWithADragonTattoo Fri 05-Dec-14 18:02:37

Thanks roneik - unfortunately that doesn't help with the service reminder which is the bit I need to turn off.

Does anyone know how to do it as I think the controller will start limiting our heating and water if we can't cancel it. Really not sure why they fitted this controller to an owner occupied house.

caroldecker Fri 05-Dec-14 19:31:22

see page 18 of this Not good news I'm afraid

PigletJohn Sat 06-Dec-14 00:11:30

was it already fitted when you moved in? As you say there is no good reason to put a SI programmer in an owner occupied homes, except that there are people selling them on or fitting them if they have stolen acquired one and don't need it.

If you get the boiler serviced about one a year, the professional should know how to reset it.

But you could buy a Honeywell controller or programmable stat (better) without this annoying feature for about £100 and save yourself future annoyance.

GhoulWithADragonTattoo Sat 06-Dec-14 09:16:02

Thanks. No we had a new heating system fitted by a very legitimate installer about 5 years ago. We had a Danfoss controller fitted at that point without the service setting. We had some problems with it last year and they replaced it with this new one. He did mention the service thing and that it was aimed at rental properties and he told me what sequence needed to be pressed to cancel it but I didn't write it down as assumed would be in instructions. I've spoken to receptionist at the company about it but she seemed a bit confused and no one has called me back yet. Have also emailed Danfoss but no reply from them.

I'd like to just quickly reset it and then organise service in new year but may just replace it as you suggest.

Littleone1234 Sun 13-Mar-16 10:33:53

Hi did you have any luck with this at all? I'm currently having the same problem!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now