Can you put me off this house?

(100 Posts)
Tobermory Wed 27-Aug-14 17:53:24

I'm a closet RightMove addict, there I've said it. Every so often I'll look at the places I want to live, just in case.
I've found a fab house.
Every so often I check and it's still there. It's been there for months. No one else has bought it ( and no one else wants it....hmm) I love it.

We're planning to move but not for ayear or two, not really in a position to right now. So I need your help..... Put me off this house!!

www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-41476742.html

treaclesoda Wed 27-Aug-14 17:57:12

I can't. I can't find enough to criticise.

If I really want to find fault I'd say the bathroom isn't very nice. But generally I think I can see why you are taken with it.

Where I live that would be very expensive, but I know that's not the case elsewhere.

IAmOptimusPrime Wed 27-Aug-14 17:57:43

It's hideous, terrible decoration, tiny garden etc...
(Actually it is really, really nice, I'd happily live there)

treaclesoda Wed 27-Aug-14 17:59:14

oh, actually, I have thought of something else. Only one bathroom.

But, nah, it's still nice grin

Clawdy Wed 27-Aug-14 17:59:59

It looks lovely - can't find anything to criticize! But I don't know the area or what the schools are like?

teacherwith2kids Wed 27-Aug-14 18:00:02

Main road? No floorplan, so wondering how those rooms are actually arranged?

I struggle with the one bathroom scenario. How many DC do you have? Is it your forever home, or the next 5yrs home? Only has 3 beds.

But it is very nice looking.

ThinkIveBeenHacked Wed 27-Aug-14 18:03:59

Ots beautoful BUT theres a reason no one has bought it yet.

Damp?
No double glazig?
On a crazy road?
Next to a crack den?
An actual crack den?
Too pricey?

Somethings the matter with it.

InkleWinkle Wed 27-Aug-14 18:14:12

I don't like the front door
Lots of lights on in the photos - does it get lots of sun?

Em...em...nothing else really...

Pipbin Wed 27-Aug-14 18:14:47

It's on a main road that looks like it could be busy.
There are rivers very close, does it flood?
The garden looks very small and possibly shady.
It is beautiful but imagine it without all of their lovely stuff, it would be rather bland really.

Also, isn't Holmfirth where they filmed Last of the Summer Wine? Reason enough I think.

fairgame Wed 27-Aug-14 18:17:12

Holmfirth is a bit rural. You will be trapped if it snows. Lots of hills so you will suffer leg ache when out walking.

That's all i can think of. grin

Looks fab and its a nice area.

kaymondo Wed 27-Aug-14 18:18:36

Go and view it - there must be something wrong with it that isn't apparent from the particulars or it would have sold (I do appreciate this is a risky strategy as you could just love it even more!). Have you driven past it at least to see what the road/area is like to see if it's opposite a sewer farm or the like!

One bathroom would be a real downside for me.

Blu Wed 27-Aug-14 18:19:41

OOh, that's a nice house...nice garden...why hasn't it sold?

Is it the price? Lack of a garage?

There is a downstairs toilet, so one bathroom OK for a 3 bed house. There is a lot of downstairs accommodation compared to up - is there a hideous extension out the back that we can't see?

You need to go and look and report back, OP!

FrootLoopy Wed 27-Aug-14 18:21:05

One bathroom, and a shower in the bathroom rather than it's own shower.

The garden looks lower down than all the others, so you might get run off from the other properties, and they overlook you. Looks like it might be close to a river - flooding?

None of the fire places are real.

The lounge room has no ideal wall for a tv to go on, can't go over the fire place, opposite the fire place you can't fit a lounge against the fire place, other wall, the windows will shine light through onto the screen. The size tv in there is the biggest you will ever be able to have without shutting off that window its tucked under

Kitchen - gloss cabinet are a pain to keep clean, really show up kids finger prints. And pink splash back?!

The washing machine is also in the kitchen, it doesn't look as though there is anywhere for a dryer. With a fridge/freezer, washing machine and dishwasher in there there doesn't look like there is that much other cupboard space in there.

No utility room. Nowhere for coats, shoes etc to be stored downstairs.

The fire places in the bedrooms limits where you can put cupboards, etc.

Does that help?

(Although apart from the lack of utility room, it is a lovely house!)

Blu Wed 27-Aug-14 18:22:02

I've got it!

Look at the map.

Too near Mark Bottom's Dike and Netherthong.

Imagine giving directions to guests! They'd think you were ruinning a swingers club.

RiverTam Wed 27-Aug-14 18:27:24

where's the floorplan? I wouldn't give a house without a floorpan a second look, you never know what horrors might be lurking within.

Missda Wed 27-Aug-14 18:28:04

Possibly a little overlooked at the back. clutching at straws Seriously its fab.

Onesleeptillwembley Wed 27-Aug-14 18:28:09

The philistines have painted over the panels in the hall! Oldest dc's mil lives near there (that's not a reason to put you off! She's lovelygrin). It's overpriced for what it is.

Pipbin Wed 27-Aug-14 18:32:24

Storage. If you can't work out where the vacuum cleaner and the ironing board would go, don't buy it.

In the picture of the hall way, is that a cat flap next to the small storage cupboard?

Pipbin Wed 27-Aug-14 18:33:19

I think it is. Look.

OhTinky Wed 27-Aug-14 18:34:07

Oh god I also have a rightmove addiction and thought we might be coveting the same house! That one is bargainous and I like the features.

I'm too scared to link to house I like in case it's slated - which is weird cos it's not even my house! blush

FrankSpencer Wed 27-Aug-14 18:34:31

I luffs it! And what's wrong with pink splash back?

PPaka Wed 27-Aug-14 18:35:12

There no floorplan, so it's going to be completely the wrong layout for your family
In fact I think the kitchen is in the loft

FrankSpencer Wed 27-Aug-14 18:36:00

Oh go on, Tinky! I'm easily pleased at least!

juneybean Wed 27-Aug-14 18:37:24

O.... it's gorgeous horrible.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now