Ikea klippan fabric sofas...any good?

(8 Posts)
Baddderz Sun 20-Jul-14 18:28:59

So my cheap leather sofas are looking pretty bad - the colour is actually coming off?!
We have little money and I have been trawling the sales but everything Is still too £££
Are the klippan fabric sofas comfy?
Do they last?
I could get an extra set of covers I guess to help keep them looking ok?
Thanks

bishboschone Sun 20-Jul-14 19:05:30

We have one in our playroom . It's absolutely fine . Not the modest comfortable but fine .

Nobloomingideapgornot Sun 20-Jul-14 22:00:22

Hi

Ex ikea employer here....they are only designed to be an occasional sofa ie playroom is perfect for the kids. As a main sofa, not at all comfy and snuggly.
You would probably find a better quality sofa, second hand on eBay/local fb sites or gumtree than the ikea klippan

Baddderz Sun 20-Jul-14 22:02:07

That's pretty much what I thought...thank you x

MrsJohnDeere Sun 20-Jul-14 22:05:06

We've got one for occasional use. I wouldn't want to sit on it as my main sofa or for any length of time.

lessonsintightropes Sun 20-Jul-14 22:14:47

My cousin bought one as her main sofa and it has pretty much died after 3 years, wouldn't recommend it as your primary sofa. As helpful pp suggested, you're much better off with an eBay purchase or from Emmaus etc - with the latter you can at least try them out (and have them recovered fairly cheaply).

bishboschone Mon 21-Jul-14 08:04:56

I agree I would probably buy a second hand sofa from eBay rather than have it as your main sofa . There are so many sofas on eBay because people change their minds so often .

turkeyboots Sat 26-Jul-14 15:59:14

I have one which is over 10 years old and saw regular use. It's still in fairly good condition and lives in play room now. But perfectly good and find it comfy.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now