Random stuff about PigletJohn...

(106 Posts)
mipmop Wed 16-Jul-14 20:47:56

...who may or may not make a guest appearance.
Aka how much do we all know, or guess, about PigletJohn. Please add to the thread.

PigletJohn dries all his clothes in his tumble drier. If it's broken he can fix the machine in mere minutes, but he'll sometimes use this moment to allow his neighbours to return him a favour. PigletJohn's neighbours are keen to oblige as it makes them feel better about the many questions they ask of PigletJohn. PigletJohn's neighbours don't like to take advantage, but he's too damn useful.

If you tell PigletJohn how many litres of water your kitchen tap produces in a minute, he can tell you which boiler to buy. Many posters are embarrassed of their plumbing inadequacies and refuse to divulge this personal information.

In the event of a natural disaster PigletJohn could fashion a shelter from the contents of his shed.

PigletJohn knows all about gardening. Water/ nutrients/ drainage. It's basically plumbing and mechanics.

PigletJohn bakes a mean Victoria sponge. (probably)

ihatethecold Wed 16-Jul-14 20:53:46

I wonder if pigletjohn is a woman? grin

mipmop Wed 16-Jul-14 20:56:27

Intrigue!

happylittlevegemites Wed 16-Jul-14 21:00:29

I'm on a DIY advice forum, and a "john" has helped me out there. I often wonder if it's the same one ...

ihatethecold Wed 16-Jul-14 21:04:49

He gets about!

izzysmydog Wed 16-Jul-14 21:40:37

Pigletjohn is a legend! He always takes time to answer queries and help out his fellow mumsnetters. In my head he is a mix of Bear Gryls, Ben Fogle, Nick Knowles combined with a bit of builders Ray Winstone.......

QuintessentiallyQS Wed 16-Jul-14 21:42:15

...and he looks like Jon Snow.

But contrary to Jon Snow, he knows everything.

I think I married Piglet Johns twin, or brother at least. If he doesn't know the answer he finds it out in record time.
I think Piglet John is like Macgyver, he can save us all with a biro, a sock and a rubber band. He'll be handy when the zombie apocalypse comes.

izzysmydog Wed 16-Jul-14 21:44:53

Ooh ooh and a bit of Kevin McCloud

QueenOfThorns Wed 16-Jul-14 21:46:57

Pigletjohn is wise, so has a long, white beard that he strokes thoughtfully when contemplating plumbing issues. He keeps his beard soft by using an intensive conditioning treatment on the first Sunday of every month.

It is known.

CarpeJugulum Wed 16-Jul-14 21:48:27

Yoda was based on PigletJohn.

T'is true!

lolalotta Wed 16-Jul-14 21:48:30

Just mentioned this thread to my DP, it was making me chuckle...he reckons he probably just asks Suri! wink

RudyMentary Wed 16-Jul-14 21:51:22

I need PigletJohn to sort out my washing machine conundrum.

SixImpossible Wed 16-Jul-14 21:51:59

PigletJohn has an answer for everything, and it usually makes sense. And doesn't make you feel daft for not knowing.

PigletJohn is very, very good at researching and filtering the results. Either that, or PigletJohn is Yoda with good grammar.

RustyParker Wed 16-Jul-14 21:59:43

Oh, this thread reminds me to start a thread asking about installing my cat flap and hoping PigletJohn happens on by grin

Thanks op!

<crosses fingers and awaits PJ on my shiny new thread>

MrsJohnDeere Wed 16-Jul-14 22:00:48

I would love PJ to come to my house and tell me what we're doing wrong and how we could insulate it and heat it more efficiently.

I'm always amazed at how much time he spends giving amazing advice on MN.

I'm rather in awe.

didireallysaythat Wed 16-Jul-14 22:01:32

PJ is a god

jaynebxl Wed 16-Jul-14 22:05:12

Haha can't wait for a response from the man himself!

WastingMyYoungYears Wed 16-Jul-14 22:05:14

I luffs PigletJohn grin.

I like it when he asks lots of technical questions in order to solve the (often boiler-related) mystery, much in the manner of Columbo:

Just one more thing - is your boiler orange or green?
SOLVED.

Piglet John makes heaters out of a brick and some tea lights when he is cold.
Maybe

Piglet John makes heaters out of a brick and some tea lights when he is cold.
Maybe

furrlinedsheepskinjacket Wed 16-Jul-14 22:13:13

i'm not entirely sure he's a piglet

BackforGood Wed 16-Jul-14 22:13:42

Just want to "like" so many of these posts - especially the one about him giving advice without making you feel a bit daft for not knowing that smile

PigletJohn's OH rolls her eyes everytime he gets praised on MN.

She wishes he was half as helpful at home...

Not projecting at all, oh no!

<eyes electrician DH, and thinks of the list of jobs that need doing>

sunny67 Wed 16-Jul-14 22:29:14

Pigletjohn whoever he is will be blushing!! ;-)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now