Serving party wall notice to housing association

(4 Posts)
Littlepicklehead Thu 12-Jun-14 13:13:59

Anyone done this? Was it a nightmare?

I'm just starting. This process and it's proving hard to even get a name to put on the notice.

Any idea whether I need to also serve notice to the residents (there are 4 separate flats that are in the building)?

superram Thu 12-Jun-14 18:01:07

It will probably be a nightmare. You need to serve notice on the leaseholder and freeholder-not the tenants although they need to be informed as a surveyor will need access. Be aware that the freeholder and all leaseholders are entitled to appoint a surveyor at your expense. We were lucky that the leaseholders were happy for us to just have one survey for the freeholder.
The ha will want to appoint a surveyor.

Littlepicklehead Thu 12-Jun-14 19:22:52

Thanks superram. I've looked into it further and found out there are only tenants and no leaseholders so it's only the HA we need to deal with. How much did you end up paying for their surveyor? I'm worrying about it now!

Ivyjens Wed 04-Nov-15 09:57:47

Littlepicklehead - I am just looking into this now. How much did you end up paying and was it a big headache??
thanks

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now