Are solicitors generally this shite?

(4 Posts)

We got our mortgage offer last Friday, it was faxed to the sols.

I called them MOn, Tues, Weds for an update and they said they were waiting for the authority to exchange from the council (help to buy scheme) and we shoudl be on track for Friday exchange.

Well, that was a lie and they hadn't actually even LOOKED at the mortgage offer, because she then emailed me at 6pm last night to say that it contained errors so they'd have to get that sorted first.

So it now looks as though we aren't exchanging until Monday at the earliest.

We paid our deposit to the developer on the first of fucking APRIL.

Two months! Some of the hold up was the mortgage, to be fair, our first mortgage was refused as between Decision In Principal and Offer they changed their criteria (but kept our £500 valuation fee...) but they've now sat on this offer for days and days without even looking at it. Why?

Aaaaaaaargh.

So they haven't even applied for the Authority to Exchange, which they said they had.

And they 'lost' my documents at one point too.

This is the most stressful move I';ve ever done.

specialsubject Thu 05-Jun-14 14:49:32

yes, they can often be this bad. Escalate if there is a manager, state frankly that they need to stop taking you for a fool and phone every hour if needed.

burnishedsilver Thu 05-Jun-14 16:16:33

In my experience, yes.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now