Which dining chairs to choose for our kitchen diner?

(12 Posts)
Girlsbrigadewashorrible Wed 04-Jun-14 20:26:20

We have knocked our kitchen and dining room into one room which is fab, and have spent ages looking for a new table and chairs for the dining end of the room. It is divided from the kitchen part with a breakfast bar/peninsula in between. We don't have a separate 'posh' dining room any more so whatever we buy has to fit every need. I have almost decided on an oak table but I'm really struggling with chairs as I don't want anything too upholstered - they will get lots of wear and my ds is a mucky lad - but I will want the area to look special at Christmas and other times of the year. Comfort is also a big consideration! Any thoughts?

upupupandaway Thu 05-Jun-14 09:53:16

www.ikea.com/gb/en/images/products/urban-chair__40856_PE134835_S4.JPG
Got these in deep orange and they are very comfy. Also have a plain oak table.

Girlsbrigadewashorrible Thu 05-Jun-14 13:23:03

Thank you, I had a look at your link but I would like something a bit more formal. What I really want is the Neptune Lloyd loom style but it's 200 quid and I need 8! A cheap alternative to that would be ideal. The thought of a washable seat pad is very appealing too.

Karbea Thu 05-Jun-14 13:29:54

How about these?

Karbea Thu 05-Jun-14 13:31:38

Or these?

Girlsbrigadewashorrible Thu 05-Jun-14 21:25:58

Thank you for the links. I preferred the first option but it was too expensive!

MisForMumNotMaid Thu 05-Jun-14 21:36:36

theres 8 of them and they may go for a very good price

If you like them you could check shipley for a collection quote.

Girlsbrigadewashorrible Fri 06-Jun-14 16:29:38

Thanks Mis, I've seen those in Next and they are nice but not quite right. However I will keep an eye on the price as I could be swayed by a good deal. I really like the Lloyd Loom style which is a bit more elegant, iykwim. Ideally would like to pay 100 pounds per chair max, brand new.

MisForMumNotMaid Fri 06-Jun-14 17:38:04
MisForMumNotMaid Fri 06-Jun-14 18:00:50

Oops out of stock till September

Karbea Sat 07-Jun-14 11:59:49

Ok how about these? £99.99.

Girlsbrigadewashorrible Sat 07-Jun-14 21:33:36

Thank you Karbea and Mis, I really like the Lloyd Loom chairs. £140 is a bit too much but I guess in the long run it's better to get what we really prefer.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now