How many bedrooms?

(7 Posts)
Tw1nkle Sat 10-May-14 19:18:04

Hi, we have a 3-bed at the moment, but I feel like we've outgrown the house!
We have 1 DD, and would like another, but not having much luck, so we might be stopping 1 DD.
Is it worth getting a 4-bed, or maybe extending our 3-bed?
What would you do?

RandomMess Sat 10-May-14 19:21:28

Seriously????

We have 4 dc in a 3 bed house...

Completely up to you, if you love the location etc. extend, if you don't then move.

spottydolphin Sat 10-May-14 19:43:09

in what way do you feel you've outgrown it?

i have 4 kids and live in a 3 bed house and while it's um, "snug", and we're looking to move we're actually fine here for the time being.

sleepyhead Sat 10-May-14 19:45:26

We've got 2 dcs in a 3 bed flat.

I'd not say no if someone twisted my arm and gave me a 4 bed, but there's plenty of space for us day to day.

We lived in a 1 bed though until ds2 was 8 months old, so our idea of "plenty of space" may be somewhat skewed as a result grin.

MirandaWest Sat 10-May-14 19:47:03

There's me and two DC in a three bedroom house. I'd quite like a four bedroom house but three is fine.

RCheshire Sat 10-May-14 20:00:04

Depends on whether you need more bedrooms or just more space. If the former (I.e. you'd like to be using three bedrooms for family and one for guests) then that's one thing, but if you just need more living space then a 4 bedroom house may not do that as well as an extended three bed

linadee26 Sun 11-May-14 12:59:56

Tw1nkle it depends on how you are using your current space I suppose. If you already have 1 dc and are trying for another, what is the function of your 3rd bedroom?

IMHO in the current climate, if you like your house but feel you don't have the space you would like then you should extend.

I don't think it's bedrooms that are the issue, there are obviously enough for everyone living in the house? Do you need more living/eating space?

If that's the case and it's an option, I'd think that extending would be a better option for you.

My husband and I are in a 2 bed flat at the moment with 1 dc and another on the way in January. We have just bought a 4 bed house but only 3 of the 4 will actually be used as bedrooms. The 4th bedroom on the same level as the living room will be a kind of den/man cave/games room.

Have a real think about what kind of space you are lacking before making the major decision to uproot and move.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now