Bathstore - yay or nay?

(8 Posts)
MrsJohnDeere Thu 27-Mar-14 15:36:16

I used them several years ago to supply all the stuff for 2 bathrooms (but got a plumber to install it all). I was perfectly happy with it all (apart from a cheap and nasty bit on one basin that kept falling off). I seem to recall various threads on here since saying they weren't that great.

I now need to refit a downstairs cloakroom and don't know any good local plumbers (recently relocated) so wondered about their installation service.

Any recent experiences would be welcomed.smile

Willow33 Thu 27-Mar-14 22:07:35

We used them in Jan. The bathroom suite looks great. Used our own builder. Iknow builders may go to Victoria plum but we wanted to physically see what we were ordering and not look online.

WetAugust Fri 28-Mar-14 16:19:26

Any bathroom fitter should be able to get you what you want from their own bathroom wholesaler at trade prices. That's what I did and it was a lot cheaper than Bathstore or any of the major big shed DIY places.

MrsTaraPlumbing Fri 28-Mar-14 17:15:52

I agree with WEtAugust.
Plumbers who routinely install bathrooms do not go shopping at Victoria Plumb or Bathstore. Our company has installed products from both of these when the customers has specifically chosen them and is perhaps on the tightest of budgets.
There are many good reasons we usually use plumbers merchants including price, quality of item, customers service, quick turn around to replace broken items, etc.

Most important though, whilst it is good to window shop I would find your plumber/ installer before choosing exactly what you want. Experienced bathroom installer will give you good advice.
New to your area, if you are in the SE you could an installer who has already been checked out on this website (my company is on it!)
trustedtraders.which.co.uk/

MrsJohnDeere Fri 28-Mar-14 19:26:19

Not in the SE unfortunately, but thank you.

Back2Two Fri 28-Mar-14 19:30:08

I've just used bathstore in the SE mrsd and bought the whole bathroom in a sale. Not sure how competitive the prices as we were lazy basically and had to buy a bathroom really fast.

The bath was wrong Twice On delivery but they sorted it really fast and were pretty customer friendly.

No complaints but being fitted by an independent fitter.

MrsRTea Fri 28-Mar-14 19:45:00

MrsTara, may I PM you? Or would you give the name of your company on here please? (Think it's allowed since I have asked.) smile

user1475069626 Wed 28-Sep-16 15:41:14

Message deleted by MNHQ. Here's a link to our Talk Guidelines.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now