Nice places to live near Wolverhampton.

(10 Posts)
upupupandaway Wed 26-Mar-14 15:24:07

I'm seriously considering moving to somewhere rural, but not too far from Wolverhampton. My DS is 16 and moving schools is out of the question. However, although we live in a rather nice old house and are fortunate enough to have good neighbours, I long to wake up and look over green fields instead of the constant stream of traffic I see every time I look out of my front window.
My only concern is that my DD will feel a bit isolated, that said I have to drive him to most places( except school) as his friends live all over town.
That said, where we live is a no go area at night and I feel young men are especially vulnerable. I don't want to move too far away, max 10 miles.
I'm thinking; Claverley, Trysull, Seisdon, Bobbington?
Any suggestions?

upupupandaway Wed 26-Mar-14 15:24:30

Meant to say DS, new to this.

Lagoonablue Wed 26-Mar-14 16:48:33

Wombourne is nice. Villagey but near town.

eddiemairswife Wed 26-Mar-14 19:06:57

And Wombourne has got a Sainsburys!

sassytheFIRST Wed 26-Mar-14 19:08:12

Bridgnorth is lovely.

dietstartstmoz Wed 26-Mar-14 19:14:16

Another vote for wombourne and Trysull.

DoctorTwo Wed 26-Mar-14 19:38:51

Albrighton always used to be alright. Agree with Wombourne and Trysull. Pattingham too rural for you?

Kormachameleon Wed 26-Mar-14 19:41:36

Wombourne, seisdon and trysull are lovely as is pattingham.
Bridgnorth is nice but town can get very busy and touristy. Where do you live currently and where does ds go to school ? Do you need to stay within certain distance of school ?

LindaMcCartneySausage Wed 26-Mar-14 19:44:14

Penkridge?

upupupandaway Wed 26-Mar-14 21:17:12

Hadn't thought of Albrighton, have relatives there, it's really nice and not too poncey . Bridgnorth id lovely but a bit too far for school.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now