White paint recommendations please

(9 Posts)
Choccybaby Thu 27-Mar-14 13:15:11

Johnson's will mix any F&B colour and are good quality but much cheaper. Most of my house is in their Wimborne White which is a slightly chalky white.

allthatglittersisnotgold Thu 27-Mar-14 09:44:33

Not sure if it's cheaper but zoffany quarter linen (previously known as paper white) is a good white, (but softer) but no discernable tones running through it, (does that make sense?)

ShesARumUn Thu 27-Mar-14 08:26:28

Thanks for the tips - will definitely look into both of those.

cupcake78 Thu 27-Mar-14 02:55:03

I've used wicks paint before and it is brilliant! Really good to apply and the colours are good. Not cheap looking!

Was recommended by friend in the trade. Apparently it's what they all use because of price and quality.

whats4teamum Wed 26-Mar-14 22:47:46

Use F&B modern emulsion. Designed for hallways and can be cleaned so you can use all white again if you like.

Lagoonablue Wed 26-Mar-14 14:57:04

Looks white to me. Not creamy. Get a tester.

ShesARumUn Wed 26-Mar-14 14:55:15

When you say off-white do you mean creamy? As I'm looking for a strong (but not harsh) white that is definitely white, if you know what I mean!

Lagoonablue Wed 26-Mar-14 14:53:11

Dulux Timeless is a lovely off white.

ShesARumUn Wed 26-Mar-14 14:21:42

We have painted our living room in Farrow & Ball All White, which is a gorgeous clean fresh white.

We now want to paint our hallway and stairway in white, but are wondering if there is a less expensive (but lovely!) white for these high traffic areas. Does anyone have any recommendations?

Thank you.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now