Condensation inside double glazing

(8 Posts)
Pinkcustardpurplecustard Mon 24-Mar-14 13:40:35

I have old windows that have moisture between the glass double glazing. Has anyone ever remedied this? Was it expensive? TIA

hoboken Mon 24-Mar-14 13:46:23

Pink, a double glazed door in my mother's house had condensation between the panes. A new door would have cost �800 but she found a firm who remedied the problem (not sure how, new seals perhaps) for �100. Try Googling?

Lottie4 Mon 24-Mar-14 14:13:52

Our neighbours had some of their glazing resealed last year. Not sure how much it cost, but they got someone who installs double glazing to do it.

CuddyMum Tue 25-Mar-14 11:01:33

I have two panes in my wooden french doors that have misted up. I'm going to try Cloudy 2 Clear. I think they are a franchise outfit.

EleanorRugby Tue 25-Mar-14 16:13:01

I have just had 3 quotes to replace the glass on a double glazed window which has misted up. All quotes are around the �80 mark for the bottom pane of sash window style. Size of glass is 66 x 57cm. I'm in the southeast.

EleanorRugby Tue 25-Mar-14 16:14:58

Just to add I contacted local companies who advertised under "double glazing repairs"

MillyMollyMama Tue 25-Mar-14 20:18:21

The seal has gone and allowing moisture in. You just have to grit your teeth and replace the glass. Any competent glazier will do it.

bassingtonffrench Tue 25-Mar-14 20:29:59

it might be worth seeing if they're still under guarantee. some firms offer lifetime guarantees and would fix for you

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now