think I will raffle my house.

(21 Posts)
madabootthehoose2 Tue 18-Mar-14 15:57:00

<<fed up now>>
I have been trying to sell my beautiful house for over a year now. Has loads of positive feedback. Lovely MNers helped me with EA pictures last year. we have 2 notes of interest from buyers who also need to sell.
So I reckon if I sell a minimum of 30000 tickets at £100 per ticket =sorted. grin Piece of cake
Maybe plan B. New estate agents who will send families to view would be a proper solution but a raffle would be fun. I am sure the target sale of 30000 tickets is doable? Or do I sell ............wait .......... I can't do maths......... that is another problem. I need to raise 300,000k

Interesting idea! If you could get enough publicity via social media etc. I think you'd get good sales, depending on the house and location; whoever wins can always sell on at well below market price and be quids in.... In fact maybe go £10a ticket, get loads of publicity "win a house for £10... I'd buy a ticket!

madabootthehoose2 Tue 18-Mar-14 17:56:46

I sometimes think it would be the way to go. Would be an interesting (expensive) experiment. Thats a lot of £10s though! Its a lovely house. I need to do a link. Teatime now so later. Original thread posted by madabootthehoose. Your NN is very appropriate for this thread!

BumWad Tue 18-Mar-14 18:02:09

Link?

just being nosy

Eastpoint Tue 18-Mar-14 18:06:03

I think you'd need to get a lottery/gaming license from your local council, there might be other restrictions too.

Nannyowl Tue 18-Mar-14 18:13:48

Can I have a ticket please.

madabootthehoose2 Tue 18-Mar-14 18:15:06
householdchorewhore Tue 18-Mar-14 18:16:27

Is buy a ticket for a fiver but not £100!

Heard of a guy who tried this and he just didn't sell enough tickets.

madabootthehoose2 Tue 18-Mar-14 18:17:45

Eastpoint if it was easy I would do it. I can imagine a whole set of rules and regulations I never thought of!
Nannyowl would that be a whole strip? grin

Pooka Tue 18-Mar-14 18:18:27

Don't think you're allowed to do this.

There was one near us. £600k. They sold raffle tickets with various caveats about a minimum number they sold etc. They sold sufficient tickets (including to me!). But then had to refund everyone who had bought a ticket because they were advised by HMRC or by someone official that it was illegal. Wasn't a scam, because they refunded immediately they found out with long message about the issues they had had.

Pooka Tue 18-Mar-14 18:20:06

Lovely house by the way!

Bit far for commuting for me/dh, alas.

Tickets in the raffle I went in for were £25 I think.

wannaBe Tue 18-Mar-14 18:21:26

it's not allowed. something to doo with needing to be for a cause e.g. charity if you want to have a raffle - you can't just raffle off something. plus you have to have licences and such....

madabootthehoose2 Tue 18-Mar-14 18:50:47

Dammit. Can't even fantasise about it! What about the profit going to charity? The house is valued at 320k. We would like 305k. Sell tickets to the value, charities can have 15k?
Thanks Pooka. We are going to miss it WHEN it sells. <<sends positive vibes>>

madabootthehoose2 Tue 18-Mar-14 18:55:44

I have just seen the thread title in chat. Ridiculous idea really when you see it written down!
Ah, well. At least I will be in the top 5 viewed houses on the website (that happened last time I was on here). That must mess with the EAs head, all these hits.

AvonCallingBarksdale Tue 18-Mar-14 19:02:12

Oooh, why are you selling that lovely house??? It's absolutely gorgeous envy not particularly helpful

madabootthehoose2 Tue 18-Mar-14 19:11:24

Thanks Avon its my dream house. Kitchen and bathroom as I want them, lovely space. sad
Life plans change. We are very happy with our future. Can't say too much as it is a public forum but we are the proud parents of 3 older children. It was an unexpected turn of events and the area doesn't fit the childrens needs.
So we are sorry to leave but happy too.

Ah yes, the HMRC wouldn't get much stamp duty on £10 would they smile. You'd have to be careful to show it wasn't rigged for money-laundry purposes too... nice idea but probably quite a bit of hassle

madabootthehoose2 Tue 18-Mar-14 19:33:05

Stamp duty! ! Never thought of that. We would all be doing that if we could avoid it. The country would be groaning under the weight of tickets.

moobaloo Tue 18-Mar-14 19:34:28

Lovely house!! Really really nice, I'd happily by it if it was here where I live now and about a fiver, as I'm skint. Sorry not much use! grin

Those EA site hits are going to be v confusing!

madabootthehoose2 Tue 18-Mar-14 19:40:11

Stamp duty! ! Never thought of that. We would all be doing that if we could avoid it. The country would be groaning under the weight of tickets.

is mumsnet broken??

madabootthehoose2 Tue 18-Mar-14 19:42:08

Sorry blush
Moobaloo sell you a ticket for a fiver????? grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now