Only an hour to clean before viewing, what would you do?

(6 Posts)
Madmog Thu 30-Jan-14 11:58:47

Our house is on the market and had a call from agent saying someone wanted to view at lunchtime the other day, but with going to work that left me with an hour to clean.

As a matter of interest, just wondering what others would do. Luckily I was in the middle of cleaning the bathroom, opened windows to freshen up (as I always do before a viewing), hovered downstairs only, did washing up, put away and wiped around that area and put cat's litter tray out. Luckily I've been trying to keep on top of dusting between viewings, but didn't really have time to tidy piles up, stuff things in cupboards and hover upstairs!

MoreSkyThanWeNeed Thu 30-Jan-14 12:01:12

Toilets, hoover and quick square up.

We had a surprise viewer once. They were delighted to encounter the BOT (Bucket o' Turds) in my baby son's room.

Hope viewing goes well.

notnowbernard Thu 30-Jan-14 12:01:40

Clear worktops of paper/stuff/clutter
Ditto floors
Quick Hoover
Open windows
Flash wipe over sink and loo
Hide bathroom towels
Put any washing up away
Beds made
If time, quick Hoover

mousmous Thu 30-Jan-14 19:48:20

open all windows.
make beds
clean sinks and taps
hoover
(all assuming it's reasonably tidy anyway)

BoBoo Fri 31-Jan-14 10:21:59

When I have to do a panic tidy up I do the things that most obviously need doing, like any dishes, bathroom etc and spend the last ten minutes picking up any piles of crap odds and ends, shoving them in bags and hiding bags in wardrobes etc.

Helliecopter Fri 31-Jan-14 14:11:14

Hide as much clutter as possible.
Vacuum.
Wipe over sink, loo and surfaces.
run round the house with a can of pledge to make it smell like you've just dusted

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now