As a buyer what would be the best option for a bathroom in a terrace.

(8 Posts)
Ladyfarquhar Thu 30-Jan-14 10:51:57

We have a new white bath suit and freestanding shower cubicle, we also have white rectangle tiles to part tile the bathroom, so no scary bits there. I'm a bit stuck on flooring and whether to paint the walls white or another neutral, and do I add a border tile. It's all looking a bit clinical so far.
1. What flooring / colour?
2. Border tile?
3. Paint colour?

PigletJohn Thu 30-Jan-14 10:59:41

You can add colour with towels, mats and blinds. It need not be a strong colour if it all tones or matches.

Personally I like a soft colour like peach or pale blue for the accessories. You can get bales of towels, but will need extra hand towels and facecloths. You can have a strong colour on the floor.

If the walls are painted it is easy to change, but take huge care to avoid drips or splashes, especially in the bath or on the taps.

Ladyfarquhar Thu 30-Jan-14 11:08:13

Thanks Piglet, I will be painting before the bath etc is fitted or tiled. It is an empty room at the moment which I am finding very difficult and I'm being very indecisive, very unlike me.

I'm in a quandary whether to have tiles or vinyl on the floor?

Alwayscheerful Thu 30-Jan-14 11:12:26

Is your bathroom on the ground floor or first floor?

Tiles on the ground floor, Kardean or vinyl on the first floor (due to weight and access to pipes).

please don't do a white floor. even if it is clean, it is impossible to keep it looking clean

Ladyfarquhar Thu 30-Jan-14 11:16:57

First floor. I will go have a look at some vinyl, is it easy to lay DH will be doing it. He is very good but does winge when things are overly complicated.

lalouche Thu 30-Jan-14 11:18:48

I'd go for matt vinyl in a nice colour (not patterned!), and at least some coloured tiles. We have pale grey tiles round bath/shower and green tiles above sink and I think it looks great (old wooden floor though)! While I'd usually follow PigletJohn's advice to the moon and back, a mainly white bathroom with peach/pale blue towels sounds, erm, horrid to me, sorry!

Alwayscheerful Thu 30-Jan-14 12:07:51

Look at the tiles from tonnes of tiles, I suspect the retro metro are the same as fired earth, some lovely colours and white too.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now