Where would you buy a good quality bathroom suite from?

(6 Posts)
Sleepybunny Wed 29-Jan-14 20:26:08

I need a new bathroom. I've got a good joiner/plumber who will fit it for a great price, but I need to source a high quality suite for a good price.

So where would you recommend and and just for fun what would you have if you had an unlimited budget? TIA

KumquatandCustard Wed 29-Jan-14 21:56:43

If he has a trade account with someone like Travis Perkins he should be able to get it for you at trade price - ask him. Don't get one from a DIY or somewhere like Victoria Plumb - they are cheap for a reason! Go for something like Ideal Standard and get good quality taps too smile

Rosey44 Wed 29-Jan-14 22:05:49

Hi I have been looking at Bathroom city as they do loads of good brands with low and high price ranges. I do have a designer bathroom showroom near me which has a bath for £6K. I eventually chose a heritage shower bath.
It just depends on your personal needs.
I would advise that you try to have a look at what your buying. Ask questions of make of bath, guarantee & return policy.
Also to be fair my SIL does have a basic shell wickes bath suite which I did like, when she bought it.lol
Unlimited budget um.... I would hire a designer, maybe get those gold taps I need lol

Sleepybunny Thu 30-Jan-14 13:55:59

Thanks, that's a good idea. I think'll have have a look at ideal standard and see exactly what styles we like.

I love those free standing baths, but the 3k price tag, I'm not sure it's within the budget!

What is near you? Ideal Standard are good.
Look at Plumbase Reflections.
As said on another Thread - Roca website and Fired Earth.

Sleepybunny Fri 31-Jan-14 21:19:56

This is why I love mumsnet. Found a plumbase near me I never knew existed!
They have a show room, so I'm going to go have a look at what's on offer as I'm not sure exactly what I like.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now