anyone from Neilston?

(11 Posts)
JoR73 Wed 15-Jan-14 20:55:34

hello, new here (only my second post), but I'd like to get some advice on the Glasgow area. We are moving there from the Midlands in a few months. We've seen a house online we like in Neilston. Does anyone know anything about the area?

Sleepybunny Wed 15-Jan-14 21:15:43

I've not lived there but have friends from there. It's a very nice area to live. Newton mearns is also lovely too. Lots of good family homes and an easy commute to Glasgow. It's considered quite a posh area, along with places like Bearsden and Milngavie.

hmmm i have lived next to neilston all my life and i have never thought of it as posh smile it is a nice wee village and there are few wee shops and a lovely cafe but it has a very rough bit as well!! i would live there though but it isn't comparable with bearsden etc...

JoR73 Tue 21-Jan-14 20:33:48

Thanks for the advice. We are visiting the area this weekend, so we'll have a look around.

good luck x

Didyouhearmeontheradio Sat 25-Jan-14 14:14:49

2nd MsU's view.

seb1 Mon 27-Jan-14 11:49:19

JoR73 how did you get on?

JoR73 Mon 27-Jan-14 21:19:48

We decided against the house in Neilston, but did like a house in Eaglesham. At the moment we are trying to sell our house, so until we have sold that, we are not going to move forward on getting a house in Scotland. We will probably have to rent, as my job starts in April, but I would like to get moved and settled as soon as possible.

Eaglesham is nicer. where is it you will be working?

JoR73 Wed 29-Jan-14 20:20:50

Centre of Glasgow, but my partner is currently job hunting so if his job is not in Glasgow we may be looking elsewhere.

i work centre of glasgow too! keep us posted, happy to help.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now